Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pain-free V Day

3 days to Valentine's Day and counting. Yesterday I was in a lazy mood, so with remote control in hand, I scanned the networks for something mindless to watch.

Nothing but love stories. I felt myself getting depressed, but then I reminded myself that these stories were Hollywood's version of love. Totally fake.

That realization didn't make me feel better, so I headed toward the kitchen to load up on cookies and milk. Then, just like a Hollywood movie, I was rescued. A friend called and invited me to a pow wow over at his house. I knew everyone there, and as we got to talking about our hopes and dreams for the future, I felt SO much better.

The moral of the story? Being with real people you care about is much more satisfying than sitting in front of the TV and eating to medicate pain.

No comments: