Monday, June 16, 2008

Sexonomics

With the cost of everything going up, I sometimes think how great it would be to share financial responsibilities with someone.

Back to reality. Money and sex are the 2 biggest reasons why couples fight and break up.

A couple of years ago I had a major recession of my own. Along with double knee replacement surgery, I had to sell my house. Times were hard. Would it have been better to go through that with someone? I don't know.

I've seen couples come through the fire stronger than ever, and then there are those who don't make it.

It would be awful to be with someone who doesn't have money in perspective, who allows it to rule his life. Can't you be generous and a good money manager?

Maybe the lesson is, whether alone or with someone, we can't let hard times defeat us. I feel the pain at the gas pump. Chicago has some of the highest gas prices in the country. But whenever I start feeling nervous, I remind myself that abundance is all around and that I'm in the flow. Even though it costs more to get gas, the car is still tanked up.

No comments: