Friday, November 14, 2008

The View: Is born again virginity realistic?

Friends, I have to be honest. I never did get the whole born again virginity movement. If it helps you, then great, but for me, it would only be pretending to be someone I'm not. All my sexual experiences, along with everything else that has happened to me over the years, made me what I am today.

On the other hand, I can totally understand born again virginity if the woman was raped or a victim of incest. If anyone deserves a fresh slate, these women do.

Anyway, the women of The View had an interesting discussion about the movement. You be the judge.

1 comment:

Bambieyes said...

Yes! It is very realistic and more people should consider it. I have been celibate for almost 9 years and it is one of the best decisions I've made and recommend it for anyone who's trying to reach spiritual and emotional maturity through God. I feel empowered and in full control of who I am and what I want in a relationship. I value myself more and will not be pressured into sex like I was in the past. I thought premarital sex would bring me closer to the man I was dating or somehow make him love me and it didn't. I look back and only see years wasted of time and emotions on my part, but I learned a lot from it. Sex is overrated and we all need to get in touch with our emotions and share them with the person we love. At the end of the day it's not the sex that keeps you. If it is, then you need to redefine your relationship.